A house fire can kill – and put your neighbours’ lives at risk.
A free home fire safety visit is quick and easy to arrange. It only takes around 20 minutes to carry out – but it could save your life.
You'll get tips and advice on how to keep you safe in your home and avoid a fire breaking out – and what to do if it does. You'll even get free extra smoke alarms if you need them.
A team from Scottish Fire and Rescue Service will pop out at a time which suits you and answer any questions you have about fire safety. Find out more at home fire safety visit.
How do I book a free home fire safety visit?
Speak to your housing officer or book your free visit by:
- texting ‘FIRE’ to 80800 from your mobile phone
- calling 0800 0731 999.
Our safety leaflet also has useful advice. Please read it today.
Follow these tips to make sure you stay safe at home.
- get a free home safety visit – call 0800 0731 999
- make sure you have a smoke alarm and it works. If you don’t, call us on 0800 479 7979 or speak to your housing officer
- don’t leave rubbish or bulk items lying about communal areas – it’s dangerous
- always put cigarettes out properly in an ashtray
- switch off electrical appliances at the wall when you leave your home or go to bed.
Keeping you safe in your home
As your landlord, we want to do everything we can to help keep you safe in your home. This includes:
- making sure all gas appliances are in good working order
- carrying out a gas inspection each year
- fitting smoke alarms in your home
- keeping homes fit to live in
- keeping you up to date with safety advice in and around your home.
Help us keep you safe by giving staff access to your home when needed.