Zero tolerance on abuse
All of our customers have the right to be heard, understood and respected. Our staff also have these same rights.
As an organisation, we have a zero-tolerance approach for abuse towards our staff.
We ask our staff to be polite, helpful and sensitive to your needs and circumstances.
We do not tolerate physical, verbal or written abuse of our staff. Please treat them with respect.
Aggressive, violent or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in your services being restricted. In extreme cases, we may contact Police Scotland.
Unacceptable behaviour includes:
- using bad language or swearing at our staff;
- any physical violence towards any member of staff, such as pushing or shoving;
- verbal abuse towards our staff in any form, including verbally insulting our staff;
- racial abuse and sexual harassment;
- abusing staff on our social media channels;
- and verbally abusing our staff on telephone calls.
We have an Unacceptable Actions Policy which outlines our process for dealing with unacceptable actions or behaviour from customers, up to and including restricting access and communication.
You can read our policy here