We want to keep you safe in your home. To do this, we need to carry out at least one gas safety visit in your home each year. It’s the law for all responsible landlords.
You’ll receive a letter from us 10 months after your last check with a date for your next visit. If it’s not a good time, let us know and we’ll rearrange. Make sure you are at home on the day of your gas safety check.
If you miss this safety check and any rearranged appointments, we may force entry to your home – and all costs will be charged to you.
I smell gas. What do I do?
Follow these simple steps straight away:
- turn off all gas appliances
- put out any cigarettes
- open all doors and windows
- don’t use matches or naked flames
- turn the gas off at the meter
- don’t switch on any electrical switches or appliances
- don’t press buttons on the door entry systems.
Call emergency service company SGN as soon as you can on 0800 111 999.
You can also call us on 0800 479 7979. We’ll speak to SGN for you and have our gas engineers with you within an hour to deal with any breakdowns.