Let’s talk about the easiest way to pay your rent.
There are three easy ways to pay your rent:
- Direct Debit – simple to set up and the most hassle-free way to pay your rent. Your payment will come off your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you.
If you don’t have a bank account, we can help you get one. Set up a Direct Debit using your online services account or call us on 0800 479 7979.
My Wheatley Homes Glasgow – an online tenancy account is a quick and easy way to pay online, view your balance, recent charges and payments. Register or login to pay using your My Wheatley Homes Glasgow account.
Online payment site – pay using our online payment site.
- Call us – phone 0800 479 7979 to pay by debit or credit card.
Housing Benefit / Universal Credit – If you receive full housing benefit or Universal Credit, your rent payment is likely to be paid to us directly. You can check your rent account by logging into My Wheatley Homes Glasgow or contact our Customer First Centre on 0800 479 7979 if you need any advice.
If you are worried about your rent, let's talk.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. We’re here for you.
When is my rent due?
Rent is paid as soon as you receive the keys to your new home. Rent is due every four weeks.
You can choose to pay each week, fortnight, four-weekly or monthly or you may have an agreed arrangement with your housing officer.
Our rent calendar lets you know when your next payment is due.
Tenants who joined from Cube Housing Association will continue to pay rent on the 27th of each month.
What does my rent pay for?
Rent allows us to keep improving homes, communities and the lives of our tenants. This includes:
- a quality repairs service;
- new heating, insulation work, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, roofs and doors;
- the environmental services and improvements around your home;
- a 24-hour, seven days a week, customer first centre;
- expert money, welfare and fuel advice to help you make the most of your money, and
- helping people into work, education and training.